Sunday, October 19, 2008

My Circle Has a Few Corners




Just bumped into this phrase while watching a street play and it clinged to my conscience.

Life comes with a geometrical shape...a circle. My circle has a few corners :) and I am thankful for that! Because of two reasons: one, they are 'few' ...for I know many people whose life is brimming with complexity and negativity. Do not know how they live to carry so much burden!

Secondly, I am thankful that they are there...those edges keep needling me into not repeating the mistakes I committed. After all, to make a mistake is not a mistake, to repeat one, is.

Understanding the circular nature of this life, we should always be ready for two things...life does come a full circle...and secondly, since it is a circle, we are bound to meet, even those we would rather not!

Okay, I know it is rather heavy stuff. :)) ...just a thought ...take is lightly. A pinch of salt may help digestion :))

Enjoy and celebrate life!

2 comments:

Suruchi said...

Those statements initiate a deep thought!! wish u wld hv put more light in ur thinking process abt the corners n its link to negativity n burden. N i agree no one shd carry such burden , though the burdens r sometimes enforced on us by our own nature, our own fears to break-thro, our own clouded conception of sadness n happiness.
I told u, ur statements got me on a roll :)

Prof. (Dr.) Sunanda Bharti said...

I tried leaving a comment but apparently I have forgotten the blog id I had created earlier so it is not allowing me to post it there.
Anyway here it is :

In my new found knowledge in the Landmark Course, life is depicted as a circle and at the centre of it is me. So when I cut out some persons and things from my life, it creates certain corners in the circle by taking those pies off from it. We bruise easily on those corners with the slightest brush.
So that is the sense I understood the phrase, my circle has a few corners :)

Ved