Friday, September 27, 2013

Parents who came, who ate and left-leaving my house a picture of a blast site :)

"Parents should not remain busy with earning their 'brad' (actually bread) and butter...", ranted the speaker... In fact she had so many gems to offer that 'alphabets' (actually the English Alphabet-the most pitiable and abused collective nouns) fall short of regaling the saga.
 
Sigh! Kudos to a bad choice (of deciding to attend the seminar), I had to spend traumatic moments listening to the speaker-a self proclaimed expert on 'good parenting'. The speaker rattled at length--an agonisingly long length on inculcating the value of discipline in children. Since I am a borderline control freak, I abstain from commenting on such issues. But that does not mean that I do not have questions.
 
One question is--leave alone what the child does or does not do, how she (mis)behaves--what if the parents dont do anything under the presumed notion that "children would be children afterall!" (sick)
 
Once I had a 12 and a 6 year old (children of invited guests) literally ricocheting in my house while the parents cared two hoots. They jumped on all possible surface areas, banged refrigerator doors and every other door possible-even the locked ones (wardrobe)...came close to dismantling the house altogether.
 
My muted protests (inside I was ready to detonate) only resulted in lame chidings for their mothers were busy exchanging notes on how their children had covered the normal milestones earlier than others of their age--each of them was actually a prodigy. I could not not agree less when I looked at the dilapidated house--they were no ordinary children--they were products of extraordinarily commiserable, numbskull parents!
 
 
 
 
 
ha ha :)
 
LOL guys and do share your thoughts!
 

1 comment:

kumudbharti said...

Actually I do find myself helpless at time with my kids and am really at a loss. I then also wonder if I am in the same category!!